Emergency Eye Care
When eye emergencies happen, many people feel their only option for care is the emergency room. However, our eye doctor at Ensight Eyecare provides care for a variety of eye emergencies and is often better equipped to handle them.
If you’re experiencing one of these urgent eye problems, please contact us right away.
- An eye infection, such as pink eye
- A foreign body or material in the eye
- Scratched eye
- Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Dislodged contact lens
- A sudden increase in the number of eye floaters
- Flashes of light in your vision
- Red, painful eyes
- Uncomfortable, irritated, or itchy eyes
When Do You Need Emergency Eye Care?
Urgent eye problems can range from mild to severe, but some can quickly escalate. It’s best to see a doctor as soon as possible, as delaying emergency eye care can lead to serious damage to your eyes.
If you’re experiencing a sudden change in vision, blurry vision, loss of vision, or irregular eye movements, contact our office right away. Other signs you may need emergency eye care include extreme sensitivity to light, burning or stinging eyes, red or bloodshot eyes, or getting something stuck in your eyes.
If you’re dealing with an urgent eye problem, take steps to avoid making the problem worse:
- Wash your hands to help avoid spreading infection.
- Don’t try to remove something stuck in your eye.
- Avoid touching your eyes, which can cause increased irritation.
- Don’t drive or operate machinery if your vision is impaired.
Emergency Eye Care Services at Ensight Eyecare
At Ensight Eyecare, we can diagnose emergency eye problems and offer solutions. We’ll provide you with the best treatment for your needs to help ensure a safe and speedy recovery. If you’re experiencing an eye emergency, contact us immediately for expert care.